- 2 apples (can be sour),
- 1 small onion,
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, browned on a dry pan.
- juice of 1 lemon,
- a pinch of cinnamon,
- 3 spoons of mayonnaise,
- 1 teaspoon of sugar or honey or 1/4 cup of soaked raisins in water,
- 2 cloves of garlic grated on a small grater,
- salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- toasts with garlic butter (toasted in a pan, browned in a pan or baked in the oven).
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (instead of additional mayonnaise) and grated cheese to be served.
- 1 single chicken breast,
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,
- 1 tablespoon of oil,
- bay leaf, allspice.
Thoroughly rinse the chicken breast, dry and clean of membranes, fibers and bones. Place it on a deep plate and cut off the middle fibers, spreading the breast over into a thinner fillet. Pour with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, add allspice and bay leaf. Set aside for a minimum of 10 minutes, maximum an hour. Put the breast together with the whole marinade in a pot, pour cold water (to be covered) and bring to a boil on moderate heat. Cover the pot, reduce the fire to small and cook for 10 minutes (the broth has to blink gently). Set aside from the heat and leave the chicken in the broth to cool. Remove from the broth and cut.
Cut the cooled chicken breast into slices and additionally into smaller pieces. Cut the apples into quarters, cut out the seed nests, cut the quarters into smaller pieces. Put them in a plastic or glass salad bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice. Add cinnamon and mix, set aside. Add the chicken breast and onion to the bowl. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper. Add mayonnaise, sugar (or honey or raisins if you use them) and garlic. Finally mix with chopped nuts. You can add more mayonnaise to taste or extra virgin olive oil. Put the salad on a table with garlic croutons in a separate bowl or put into individual bowls and sprinkle with croutons. You can sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.