“Time for apples from Europe” is a two-year informational-promotional campaign conducted by the Association of Polish Fruit Growers in the markets of Algeria and Egypt. The products involved in the program are European apples, including ‘Grójeckie’ apples listed on the EU register as a Protected Geographical Indication. The campaign involves the promotion of the nutritional benefits and quality of fresh as well as processed apples.
The aims of the program are:
- To broaden knowledge of the benefits of EU agricultural products and the high standards followed in EU production methods among target groups of apple consumers and distributors by 10 % after the end of the program;
- To increase the share of EU agricultural products, i.e. fresh and processed apples, in the markets of Algeria and Egypt by 8% after the end of the program;
On 10 May 2017 the Association of Polish Fruit Growers concluded an agreement with the Agricultural Market Agency for the implementation of a 2-year informational-promotional program involving European apples entitled: “Time for apples from Europe.” The campaign budget amounts to 2,552,800.13 Euro, of which the EU contribution is 2,040,320.10 Euro.
The campaign entitled “Time for apples from Europe” is the first Polish campaign carried out according to guidelines of the new promotional policy of the European Union, based on a new EU decree which regulates the principles of program implementation in the framework of the CAP mechanism “Support for promotional and informational activities in markets of selected agricultural products.”
The program is carried out in the framework of simple programs, in compliance with:
- Decree (EU) 1144/2014 of 22.10.2014 on the matter of informational and promotional activities concerning agricultural products launched in internal markets and in third countries;
- Commission delegated regulation (EU) 2015/1829 of 23.04.2015 on the matter of informational and promotional activities concerning agricultural products launched in internal markets and in third countries;
- Commission implementing regulation (EU) 2015/1831 of 7.10.2015 on the matter of informational and promotional activities concerning agricultural products launched in internal markets and in third countries.
The Association of Polish Fruit Growers, on the basis of experience resulting from proper realisation of other campaigns, ensures the campaign’s financial liquidity through obtaining its own contribution from the Fruit and Vegetable Promotion Fund and member contributions of the Association of Polish Fruit Growers.
Moreover, the APFG cooperates with Trade and Investment Promotional Departments with the purpose of verifying the activities conducted in target markets.